What we do
T8 manages unique investment products
We are dedicated to responsible investment and believe that positive environmental and socio-economic benefits can be achieved alongside attractive investment returns.
We use a framework which also considers a company’s contribution to society (the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals) as well as environmental, social and governance (ESG) risks.
Everything starts with energy, including opportunity
Our approach combines traditional bottom-up fundamental industry and company research with due diligence of environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors using our proprietary methodology.
Our Advisory Board oversees our research and investment decisions.
Top-down insights with oversight
- Advisory Board engaged weekly to identify industry and stock insights and provide oversight
- Investment Team meets daily to identify risks and prioritise opportunities
Bottom-up fundamental research
- Intensive research and analysis comprising fundamental and quantitative approaches
- Bottom-up technical insights into sectors and companies from Industry Technical Analysts
- Rigorous ESG due diligence
- Dynamic risk-balancing using quantitative techniques to protect capital
- Daily risk and attribution analysis with exception reporting and stop-losses
Truly independent research
Our investment process centres on fundamental analysis which selects equities which we expect will perform strongly over the medium to long term.
The investment philosophy is based on identifying and investing in companies which have a competitive advantage through characteristics such as technology, market share and scale along with high quality management, a shareholder-friendly capital structure, a compelling strategy and strong environmental, social and governance (ESG) credentials.
ESG and Impact
We prioritise environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors considered in every investment decision. Companies which do not meet these standards are un-investible.
Our belief is that it is no longer good enough for fund managers to simply deliver returns. The idea that sustainability is good for business and good for our planet is rapidly gaining traction with capital markets.
We use quantitative techniques to identify investment opportunities and potential threats to the portfolio. It plays a critical part in risk management.
Our quantitative techniques utilise big data sets and apply advanced statistical methods to identify trends and signals which are frequently imperceptible to traditional fundamental analysis.